Guidelines for deepening Meditation Practice – 1
- Regularity of time is very important for meditation. So, practice meditation regularly and at the same time as it certainly helps deepen the meditation process.
- Meditate at the same place. Don’t change your location of the practice as each location has different vibrations and changing the place of meditation might disturb your meditation.
- It is better to meditate in a separate room (better to make it dark, so that you have less distractions). But, if it is not possible, you could choose one corner and screen off a portion of the room.
- The place/room of meditation should be proper ventilated, neither too hot, nor too cold & at the same time it should be kept clean. So don’t put your shoes, dustbin or other dirty objects near to your meditation area. Meditation is a spiritual practice, so it should be practice in a clean atmosphere. You can use some soothing incense as it may help to relax the mind. You can also place any religious photo of your teacher in your meditation room.
- Never meditate on bed. You might fall asleep rather meditating. Always sit on the solid and even floor. Use a blanket, Yoga mat or a pillow underneath you.
- Switch off all of electronic equipment like mobiles, alarm clocks and other noisy distractions during the time of meditation.
- The best time to meditate is early morning 4 to 6 am. This time, the mind is clear, refreshed and free of worldly concerns. So, it can be molded easily, concentration will come without effort.
- If, morning time is not suitable, you can choose the evening time as well. But, don’t meditate after taking meal, it make the breath shallow and gives a feeling of heaviness to the body, which produce sleep. Practice meditation before meal or 4 hours gap after the meal.
T B C